Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm Hillaree =)

My family and I have recently found a puppy. He was sitting on my porch on a rainy day. We have been led to believe that he was abandoned a long time ago. His choker collar was legitimately choking him. There are marks visible on his neck from it. We took him to the vet; they said that he has a microchip in him, but it's completely blank. The vet took a guess that the puppy may be about 12 weeks of age, but if anything we're guessing, 3~5months.

He's still teething and tries to nibble on your fingers when he gets the chance. I have a English Bulldog who he loves to play with. (The bulldog is about a year and 1/2)

This is all I really need to say. Thank you for reading:)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
He may also have been lost a long time ago, not simply abandoned. Did your vet check with the chip company to see who they sold the chip to? Usually they can trace it that way. The chip company will tell you what vet/breeder they sold it to, and then contact them to see who they sold the chip/animal with the chip to. I would check it out further if the vet didn't (you can get the chip # from the vet and call the company yourself) to make sure that no one is heartbroken and missing him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have done this, I can assure you. We traced the company and they said they could not find the person who once owned this puppy. We searched the whole neighborhood for fliers, even some other towns, but to no avail, there were none.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts