Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a stray dog last year. The dog had to trapped in a pet cage, and it took the neighbor three weeks to catch her. People in the area would leave food along the road for the cute little dog to eat. Dozens of people tried to get the dog to come to them so they could take her home but she would run back down in a armadillo hole to hide.

The neighbor, tired of picking up food containers left for the dog finally get her to enter the cage and call us to see if we wanted the dog and my wife said yes.

Last month I found a photo of this dog on the internet and it was the same to the "T" of the stray dog we have found.

The color of our dog is still exactly like the photo. The hairy coat and hair on her legs still match the photo dog, and the look the photo dog is exactly like Jasmines expression most of the time. We think she was abandoned because down here the neighbors are a mile from each other and way off the main road.

Tomorrow I'll post a photo of Jasmine as we call her so you can see her. She is about a year and a half now.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
not sure what your question is? I am reading it as........ You brought a stray dog into your family and now you found a (lost dog, searching for) dog add for a dog that looks simular to the dog you have... and you feel the dog was abandoned..... to call or not call about a missing dog add...

so if that is right..... will say one thing.. people get their dogs stolen out of their own yards all the time ... dogs get loose and get picked up and adopted out that were not homeless in the first place.. People who steal or adopt abandon these dogs all the time. That have nothing to do with the original owners who may still be looking for the dog that went missing from them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure what your question is? I am reading it as........ You brought a stray dog into your family and now you found a (lost dog, searching for) dog add for a dog that looks simular to the dog you have... and you feel the dog was abandoned..... to call or not call about a missing dog add...

so if that is right..... will say one thing.. people get their dogs stolen out of their own yards all the time ... dogs get loose and get picked up and adopted out that were not homeless in the first place.. People who steal or adopt abandon these dogs all the time. That have nothing to do with the original owners who may still be looking for the dog that went missing from them...
No I was just wondering if someone here might know the breed, that's all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts