Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,446 Posts
Oooooh, Ralphie hates that thing, too! Funny story, we have a number of smoke detectors kind of in the same general area because our house is a newer and city code requires a smoke detector in each room except the bathroom. So for FOUR HOURS I went around trying to figure out which detector was chirping, changing batteries, dog screaming, calling husband thinking the whole system had gone awry (wired detectors that are on the same system, so they all suddenly start chirping if you hold down a button long enough and create a horrible noise). The dog finally got so used to the chirping and seemed to figure out where it was coming from when I was standing on a chair messing with it. He huffed, then slowly walked away and went to sleep on his bed. As the stupid alarm kept chirping. I screamed at it as the dog slept. So sad. Finally figured out it was coming from a different part of the house. Ugh.

No doubt he'll yell at it again when another one needs batteries, but I thought it was funny. It's probably just that its a strange noise in THEIR house and they don't know where it's coming from, whereas strange noises outside are normal and typically nothing ever comes of them. Some of those loud noises are pretty commonplace, especially in a city environment, but the chirp only happens a couple times a year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts