Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a GS puppy of 3 months age, I don't know what happened but from last 2 days, he is suffering from diarrhea(semi-water yellow & white colored poop) and from last night he can't walk properly and can't even sit and stand....

So, i took him to vet and he said that we have to treat the diarrhea first and then with puppies legs.... But i can't wait to know what would have happened to my puppy.

Does anyone know about this???

Update: I just found that, my puppy is feeling very pain in his two paws of back legs, i think this is why he can't walk, sit or stand.... I can't understand how all this happened in one night(meanwhile, he is from diarrhea now:) )..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
if the situations is as bad as your post makes it sound (hard to tell over the internet and writing) I would be taking your pup to an emergency vet. Did they run tests for parvo, lyme disease etc on your vet visit?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I would take that puppy to an Emergency Vet asap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the situations is as bad as your post makes it sound (hard to tell over the internet and writing) I would be taking your pup to an emergency vet. Did they run tests for parvo, lyme disease etc on your vet visit?
I would take that puppy to an Emergency Vet asap.
I have to take him to take my vet, I also found that..... When he stood up, he can walk with but with a little bend in his back legs. But when he want to sit down, he is stuggling to do so... But he is active when he settles down(he is barking at cat, biting its chewing sticks, eating his not dite like milk, pedigree, and curd rice... etc..,).

and No, we haven't done any tests like parvo, lyme disease... Did anyone face this problem and why are his back legs are bent???

·
Registered
21 Posts
So your current vet is only treating for diarrhea, how's he doing this ? puppy needs to see someone else, x- rays should tell you why his legs are bent.?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
sounds like corona virus. but just to make sure they should run a parvo test and a Lyme test. Xrays and bloodwork. Yes you need to treat the diarrhea but equally important with such severe symptoms is to find out WHY he has it. Corona is VERY contagious so if you have other dogs be careful.

Signs & Symptoms Coronavirus

Very foul smelling, watery, yellow/orange diarrhea
Lethargy
Loss of appetite
Fever
Vomiting

http://www.pet360.com/Dog/health/coronavirus-in-dogs/IjgXmOjCfE-S3VDm1dPbxA?Dogs=Coronavirus

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
You need to get your pup to another vet. Either go to the er vets or get a second opinion from another vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts