Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or two ago I noticed this weird growth on his ear and I've been watching it closely. It seemed to have appeared out of no where, and didn't get much larger, if at all, but it hasn't shrunk either. It's also fairly hard, like it's callused.

Monday I'm going to call the vet and make an appointment, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. It doesn't seem to be filled with puss or anything, I've tried to pop it and only a very tiny bit of something white came out, and I don't want to disturb it a lot so I haven't touched it since then.

He also seems to have a new spot right underneath his eye...Maybe I'm just paranoid now because of this wart thing, but I don't remember ever seeing this white spot before. There isn't a bump, it's just a small white spot...

·
Registered
334 Posts
The top one looks like it could be ringworm, or ?
Ringworm can be a red circle that is flush with the skin, right up to a raised, almost calloused/scabby lesion.

The one by the eye could be anything from an infected hair follicle to a foreign object that has started an infection. I think a vets visit is your best bet, and get them both checked out at the same time!
:)

Sorry I wasn't much help!
Meghan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts