Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, but not all the time, instead of eating her food from the bowl, Pepper will take a mouthfull of food and bring it into the room we are in, scatter it on the floor, and then eat it.

It is like she wants to eat with us.

It's adorable, and as far as I'm concerned I don't have a problem with it. Our question is, is our dog just goofy, or does anyone else's dog do this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My JRT/Fox terrior was HORRIBLE at eating and wandering. She had ADD or something like it though, beucase she NEVER made it through a full meal, even one with canned food, without wandering away. She would get a mouthful of food and go look out the window, or to her bed, or in the bathroom. The problem with her was that she wouldn't cleanup after herself and her little round kibble under my feet at night was rather frustrating.

My now dog a tiny shepard mutt, just wants to be around me. She would rather starve than go to another room to eat. If she is (what I guess) horribly hungry she will get a bit of food and only eat it when I'm in sight.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wally's been known to take the food out of his bowl, then put it on the ground, then eat it.

Why?

He's not even carrying it anywhere, and doesn't do it all the time. Not to mention he still won't eat if I'm around. He just
keeps looking at me like I'm going to take it from him. If I put it in another place, most of the time he'll not eat it. He'll just come find me again. I guess he's just not hungry *shrug*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts