Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago this male dog shows up at our house. I took him up to the vet after I got off work and he had a chip. They said he was a Border Collie Mix and was named Ranger.

I weighed him at our house and he weighed in at 205pounds
We contacted the owners and they came to get him a couple of hours later.

He was so gentle and sweet. Damon and him played in our kitchen for along time.

The lady in the photos is my mother

Any breed guesses?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That is an awfully big BC mix! Wow! I would have to guess a Lab for part of the mix. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Must have something else in him, otherwise he is rather an overweight BC!, maybe pitbull or staffy, and maybe some lab aswell.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Wait wait wait.. 205 or 105 lbs???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Even if he was overweight, he'd have to have some sort of giant breed thrown into the mix to be 205. Nothing else is going to make him THAT big.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Other than color (which LOTS of breeds come in) I don't see BC at all. So many people see a black and white dog and call it a BC mix.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The placement of his eyes and ears as well as his skull shape to me screams pit bull mix. Also judging by the dogs waist he is very over weight. Someone up until recent owned that dog. He might have escaped a yard. I'd be looking for an owner. He also looks fluffy. Maybe a Mountain dog mix of some sort?
You have a point with the mountain dog mix, actually even the head shape a bit. The second pic down looks like Caeda's happy "throw the ball!" look. It might just be the skinny nose stripe adding to the effect though.....but a swissy would definitely (well...usually) be a large enough dog that it would make sense as part of the mix.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The placement of his eyes and ears as well as his skull shape to me screams pit bull mix. Also judging by the dogs waist he is very over weight. Someone up until recent owned that dog. He might have escaped a yard. I'd be looking for an owner. He also looks fluffy. Maybe a Mountain dog mix of some sort?
Yes the owners came and got him the same day. :) I am happy they found each other and that he was not hurt. They are lucky he did not get hit by a car. It was really foggy the morning he showed up at my house and I live RIGHT beside a major highway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts