Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2 month old yorkie-poo for a week and i was just wondering if its normal for her poop to still be runny instead of solid stool. A couple of times there has been a few drops of blood in it and once it was yellow and runny. She is up to date on all her shots and deworming, she still has a healthy appetite and is playful all the time.....My bf introduced her to his yorkie dogs today...can they still transmit parvo even though they have had their shots and have never had parvo before?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know I have had my yorkie-poo for about a week and she has actually had a lot of problems with her stool. She has had real soft stools and her anus has been open since we got her so she goes and everytime she has a little bit stuck to her so i have to constanly clean her, it is driving me crazy!! If it wasn't for her being so dam cute I don't think I could do it. But I took her to the vet and they said it may never clear up. I have been trying to see if anyone has the same issues so I can see if it will correct itself. Not to be crude but does your does back end look closed? Or a little open. I don't know what normal looks like with this dog.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anytime there is blood I would see a vet. If you've only had her for a week she could have came with parvo, as the incubation period can be as long as fourteen days.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know I have had my yorkie-poo for about a week and she has actually had a lot of problems with her stool. She has had real soft stools and her anus has been open since we got her so she goes and everytime she has a little bit stuck to her so i have to constanly clean her, it is driving me crazy!! If it wasn't for her being so dam cute I don't think I could do it. But I took her to the vet and they said it may never clear up. I have been trying to see if anyone has the same issues so I can see if it will correct itself. Not to be crude but does your does back end look closed? Or a little open. I don't know what normal looks like with this dog.
Im not sure but im guessing it looks normal.bu i took mine to the vet and it ened up being Giardia a parasite in her intestine they gave me medication for it

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
It is not normal for her stool to be runny. I would take another fecal sample in to the vet to be checked for the giardia to make sure the meds took care of it. She may need another round of meds. Sometimes giardia can be very persistent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not normal for her stool to be runny. I would take another fecal sample in to the vet to be checked for the giardia to make sure the meds took care of it. She may need another round of meds. Sometimes giardia can be very persistent.
they gave meds like for almost 2 weeks and they gave her an antibiotic shot...it seems she is starting to do better...her stool was a little bit more firm today...she is going back in 3 weeks for checkup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts