Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we’ve had our new cocker spaniel puppy for a week and half now and his paws have been stepped on 3 times already. The first time was on carpet and barefoot and he yelped but was ok. The next time was on laminate and barefoot and the same happened. The next time, my uncle stepped on his paw with his shoes on, on laminate where he yelped even more louder and had a limp for about 5-10 minutes later (which then went and later played with his toys and was normal for the rest of the day). I’m really concerned , we try to be careful but he’s so small and gets under your feet , I’m just scared because he’s still developing and I’m scared incase he’s got damaged paws or he’ll have issues in the future.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
This is where x-pen or baby gates might be helpful. When you are busy "doing things" when you cannot pay attention to the puppy's whereabouts you can safely put the puppy in the pen or behind a gate.

X pens are very portable so puppy can be in same room, just not underfoot.

You could also buy a break away cat collar with a bell and put that on your puppy so you are always aware of his location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts