Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Starting grooming business

1747 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Lillith
Hi All,

hope you are all staying safe during this pandemic.

I have a very general question that it might sound stupid but really hope some one can help me here. I am wondering how many dog can a salon expect to get per day on a decent location in big cities? I am thinking to start this business in houston and asked some local groomers and i heard a range of number between 12 to 40 ( for groom or bath). My question is would expecting to get 20 for the salon be very optimistic or normal.

many thanks for your help in advance.

God bless,
Fred
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 9 Posts
Thank you both for taking time to help me out. Probably my question was kind of misleading, what I really want to know is if you have a good salon with experienced team(groomers, bather), does anticipating to have 20 customer per day is realistic assumption or its way off?
I am investor with tons of love for animal specially dogs, that's why I decided to start this business and hire experienced groomer and basically perhaps spend more time with creature I love a lot but for sure this should financially make sense too, that's why I am trying to find out what would be the average customer per day(guesstimate) in a high dense area(high average household income).
Many thanks and accept my apology if my question was not clear in a first place.

Regards,
Fred
1 - 2 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.