Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all.

This is a picture of my dog, my brother bought him from a 'breeder' and was told he is a purebred staffie...i have encountered a lot of debate about this when telling people this as he seems to have the markings of a rottweiler. Are there any staffie enthusiasts here that could provide me an answer to this. it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
hes a black tri (let me guess he has white on his chest and maybe on his front paws on the bottom?)

I have 2 bulldogges with the same color pattern... color doesn't denote pure bred or not but its certainly a color pattern that they can be seen in. The dog below is a tri, just like your dog but with more white, I also have a "trindle" he is just like your dog but has brindle in his points instead of tan but he is totally black bodied accept for a small white mark on his chest and bottom of his front paws. Its a double recessive color pattern and related to sable.

Here is a link as well
http://ascpbr.com/Blog/Entries/2010/6/6_The_unwanted_Black_and_Tan.html

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Oh, and there are Black and Tan lines in many Bully breeds, including the English Bulldog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanking you for the valuable info, even today whilst walking my dog on the beach, 4 people could not believe he is a purebred, thanks to your info i am now able to confirm that he is and also make others aware that they come in a variety of colourings.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Sara that brindle pup is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Trindle never heard it that way, guess that's what my dog was he had brindle in tan points.

OP I wouldn't worry about what other people think. Most people, even if they own dogs, don't know jack about dog breeds or something as simple as coat color genetics. It is a recessive trait.

I've had multiple people comment my tan points must be mixed lol! I was even told one LOOKED LIKE A ROTTWEILER yet the only thing they have in common is the tan points he looks nothing like a Rott.

I'm blanking here atm but I believe that while black and tan is less desirable in the SBT it isn't a even a DQ. Is the pup KC registered?

·
Registered
419 Posts
the pup is an alphalpha bulldog, we picked her up for a friend and she was here for a few days... so ADORABLE and the drive on that dog WOW!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Lovely dog, Holly is a tri bc, a man once asked me if she was a Rottie, Holly was a puppy at the time, i guess it was because of her colouring aswell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I found this forum & thread by chance and had to join and reply here :)

My Tri pup Kodi whos 100% stafford as I know his parents (red mum & brindle dad) I get asked constant if hes a mini rotti or rotti cross, u get used to it lol

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
People always think my mom's Dachshund is a Doberman puppy... Until we put her down and they see her short legs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts