Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
We have a 4 month sproodle puppy whos mum is a working springer and dad is a standard parti poodle.

Wanted a gauge on her size compared to other sproodles and whether they have taken more characteristics from one parent than the other. Penny is 13.5kg(30lbs), 18.5 inches tall at withers and definately has poodle physique. I've entered her details in to adult weight calculators. Some come out as little as 24kg, some as much as 40kg!

What mix is your sproodle? How much do they weigh now vs as a younger puppy?

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
166 Posts
As your puppy is a mixed breed, there is no standard for size. She could end up at either end or the other or somewhere in between.

When you think about the dna, even though each puppy gets 50% of genes from each parent, that 50% is selected randomly in each puppy. That means puppy A may get the size and coat coloring genes from the poodle, but the bone structure and muzzle shape and coat texture genes from the springer. Puppy B may get the coat color and texture from the poodle and the size genes from the springer.

I have found that the least inaccurate weight calculators for mixed breeds are those that do not consider the breed mix. They still are not that accurate, but they seem to do better than the other.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
No Springer, but my purebred Standard Poodle is 38 pounds and 24" tall at seven and a half months, if you want a comparison.

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
166 Posts
Again, it depends. As a mix breed, the dog could be anywhere between the smallest of either breed to the largest of either breed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts