Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was one of the first days in a long time, that I was out to see my horse! He was a mess...I think I could still be there brushing and teasing out hay seeds, dust, etc, out of his long winter underwear! Instead, I settled for trimming his mane, fetlocks (a bit), and his tail (again, just a bit). He actually polished up pretty nicely...IMHO anyway...

After his oober long 'babying and primping' session, I took him for a long walk, and thought, well, I might as well get on...he behaved really well, considering I had only one lead rope, and hadn't been up on him for almost two months.

Here's some pics...(all clickable thumbnails)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And my two faithful "copilots" (Latifah and Sirius)...notice it's the cat looking out for 'bad guys', and not the dog...something's wrong with that...Lol!

And another "something's wrong with this picture", picture...the cat took over the blanket, and Siri was pretty much crying and moaning about it...I told him to just lay on her, but he wouldn't...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
He looks absolutely gorgeous, you did a great job!:) I love his soft eye and expression. Love the picture of your "CoPilots" too.

Going through spring cleaning out here too. I am setting aside this weekend to bathe all the horses(wohoo for 70 degree weather!)...Taylor especially needs a cleaning. She just got done coming into heat, and her....backside....is looking quite gross(oh the joys of having a mare again:rolleyes:). Doesn't help the previous owners blocked her tail(I wish it never had been done:mad:...poor thing) so it sits ever so slightly to the left, exposing her marish ways for the world to see :eek:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all...everyone laughs at my two 'copilots'...they are quite an 'unusual couple' Lol! The cat will actually look out at cars going by too (while the dog sleeps); we get some double takes for that!

RC...I hate blocking; good thing she won't have to go through that again!!!

Lucky you having a warm weekend in store! We are oh so lucky to have rain in the schedule! I suppose the good thing about that is it will get some of the shedding coat to fall off! Lol!

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Doesn't help the previous owners blocked her tail(I wish it never had been done:mad:...poor thing)
I looked that up, never having heard of the procedure, and....wow. You just can't underestimate the cruelty of some people. I can't say I agree with a lot of things "horse people" do. I've heard some awful stories. I love horses, but there's no way I could ever become involved in horse competition. The cruelties so frequently perpetrated upon the horses are mindboggling. I guess if I had a horse it would just be a pet that I would ride occasionally. I've been told that those kinds of people are looked down upon in the horse community, but oh well.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked that up, never having heard of the procedure, and....wow. You just can't underestimate the cruelty of some people. I can't say I agree with a lot of things "horse people" do. I've heard some awful stories. I love horses, but there's no way I could ever become involved in horse competition. The cruelties so frequently perpetrated upon the horses are mindboggling. I guess if I had a horse it would just be a pet that I would ride occasionally. I've been told that those kinds of people are looked down upon in the horse community, but oh well.
Willowy, my boy is basically more of a 'pet' than competition horse. I enjoy some 'fun shows' (nothing real competitive)...but after being in 4-H for years and watching the 'ethics' pretty much go down the tubes, even there, I just don't think I could ever compete professionally, even though I am definitely a good enough rider\trainer to do so. I prefer trail riding, and just over all being with, and improving my relationship with my horses now a days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts