Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i am poodle lover who just recently (a year ago) began showing her poodle (a white). I know do my own grooming which turned out really well but i am still having trouble with the spraying up and giving it that really finished look. I cant take him to a groomer since here in Honduras we dont have groomers for show and poodles are a rare breed at show. Could any one give me some pointers? :confused: I would very much appreciate all the help i can get.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For conditioning a use top Performance Finishing spray and conditioner. But actually my inquiry is to the hair spraying the show coat before entering the ring to make it firm, as to tips om how to give it a nicer form. Technique etc,, if some one can enlighten me i'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There are other message boards that have much more info than this one does on show coats, but I will help as much as I can. PM me for links to boards with groomers and handlers on it that can help more. And do a you tube search for spraying up topknots on poodles, I know there are videos up. Assuming you know how to put in the two rows of bands and pull the bubble out: Start at the front of the head, and part a 1/4 inch section of hair and comb it up and forward. Then spray the heck out of the roots with hairspray, and then spray all the way to the tips. Then comb forward and up into that another 1/4 inch section, and once combed into postition you want it, spray the heck out of it again, and just continue all the way to the neck coat. After its all sprayed, you can finger pick and spray any stragglies, etc. It takes time and practice to get it right. And just make sure to wash it all out after the show, or you will break coat. Does that help some?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much graco22, that is what i was looking for. I wasn't sure how much hairspray to use, but if you say the heck well now i know..... Getting the spray out you mean bathe the dog right? and what does PM stand for? and yes please enlighten me on other places to get more info on showing and handling i'd really appreciate it....

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
PM means Private Message ;). It's basically like e-mailing - but just for this board. If you click on Graco's name a drop down menu will appear that allows you to PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts