Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
Alfie my yellow male 22 month old lab has just got this spot / wart on his nose, has anybody seen or dealt with this before?
Thank you. IMG_1115.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would suggest contacting your vet. My dog had something similar on her face, next to her nose, when she was just 4 months old. I waited a while to see if it would go away and it got bigger. I thought it was a wart but it ended up being a mast cell tumor. The vet removed it with clean margins and you can't tell it was ever there. She is 5 yrs old now and has not had a reoccurrence.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
It could also be the beginning of a benign tumor. My dog had one, but because his previous owners let it go for so long, he lost a lot of teeth to it. If they'd gone to the vet right away, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone , The Vet said it was just a Wart/Papilloma , we need to monitor it for a few weeks and if if doesnt go away on its own we can have it lasered off so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Thank you everyone , The Vet said it was just a Wart/Papilloma , we need to monitor it for a few weeks and if if doesnt go away on its own we can have it lasered off so fingers crossed.
YAY!!! Nothing too bad! Although I do feel bad for the poor puppy if he needs to have it lasered off. Give him a treat from me!

·
Super Moderator
11,509 Posts
Thread is five years old and the OP hasn't been here since 2015.

But the advice remains the same. Go see your vet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.