Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking that switching to feeding once per day around 5pm might help with car sickness during the day.

We've been working hard getting him used to the car and are only 6 weeks into it. I was thinking about switching to feeding at 5pm and giving him a light snack in the morning. Does this sound like something that will help him? (In addition to all the training / desensitization we are already doing). If so, what might make a good light breakfast?

The Agway by us has a bunch of options that I was looking at today but am unfamiliar with, such as Blue Buffalo health bars and more.

TIA for your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I find it easier to avoid car sickness if there is nothing on the dog's stomach. We feed once a day in the evening and with the current two it has worked well and we haven't had any issues ever with car sickness. With our old dog who had horrible car sickness not feeding him helped immensely. It was night and day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! :) Today is the first day switching to once a day feeding but I caved around 11 and gave him half a cup even though he didn't seem to care. Silly owner, LOL. We aren't going in the car today so no big deal but we are tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts