Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps!

I'm probably getting Apollo spayed in two weeks (sooner than expected) because i realized how much of a chore it is going to be to sepparate both dogs every 6 months, and the risks of having my Pure Siberian to breed with a mutt, plus the fact i'm very worried of the health of my bitch if she can get pregnant, OR the puppies..

Anyway..

Since i won't be able to be at home for 6 hours (but some of my family will be).. i was wondering if he can be O.K. left alone in the house for two hours?
And is there some kind of caring i need to do to make his recovering an easy phase??

Thanks Peeps!

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Hehe, if you have HIM spayed he'll be mad, LOL.

Anyway, I've never had any trouble with neuters. My boys either didn't have any stitches or they pulled them out before I noticed, and the vet didn't say to keep them from licking the incision...so I didn't. They licked their incisions for a week, and healed right up. I can't say if that's the best thing to do----just follow your vet's instructions. If you want to keep him away from his incision, put a pair of boy's undies on him, with his tail sticking out of the front flap.

When you ask if he'll be OK 2 hours alone in the house, do you mean RIGHT after the surgery, or later on? If it's immediately after the surgery, he'll probably be really dopey, and might be walking into walls, falling down stairs, and stuff like that. I'd suggest confining him to a safe location if so. If it's later on, after he's fully out of the anesthetic, he should be fine for 2 hours in the house (providing he's normally fine alone in the house).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts