Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I Adopted a 1 yr old Silky Terrier mix from the shelter on Thursday (4 days ago). She had her spay surgery done that day and we brought her home. That night she was pretty groggy so she wasn't very active. However, she's a very hyper dog and she loves to play with the other dog in the house (a 6 yr old Chi/Terrier mix). Every day since then she has been fairly active. I tried to limit the activity but even when I take her outside to potty she runs around - she's very playful and inquisitive! I'm going to try and just take her potty on her leash and hope that works and break up any roughhousing btw her and my other dog.
We've also been very careful so as to not get her wet, but occasionally when she's laying down I see her try and lick her incision site and last night I noticed about a 1 cm portion of it was coming undone. It wasn't open where I could see the inside of her abdomen, but the two sides were just pulling apart a little bit. I tried to look for an E collar at PetsMart but they said they didn't have any. Gonna check another store today, but any suggestions? Do you think I need to take her to the Vet? It's Labor Day Monday and no offices are open and she doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.. No swelling and no bleeding. I read on another thread on this forum that one Vet suggested putting neosporin on it so I did that, but on other sites I'm reading not to put anything on it.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Take her back to the vet who spayed her. ASAP. In infected spay incision is no fun for anyone. A decent vet will do followup care for little or no charge if you catch it early.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.