Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's dog Sooty has been in the wars lately. She 1st hurt her front leg, which got better & then hurt her back leg chasing another dog around a car & slipped. It was starting to get better after a few days then she got stuck under our house because my oh forgot to put the gate back. My youngest son was the only one home at the time & pulled her out. This seemed to make it worse. We took her to the vet & after much pulling & prodding, & no response from Sooty he couldn't feel anything wrong.
She was on anti-inflamitories for 6 days & went back thisafternoon. She is to have x-rays tomorrow because during her examination today she was whimpering.
The vet wants to rule out bone cancer. She is 8 yrs old. Anyone had to deal with bone cancer & what did you do?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sooty had to have x-rays done yesterday. There was nothing that stood out. A little hip dysplasia & other things normal in a dog her age. The vet put her on cartrophin injections & metacam for 4 weeks. If it doesn't get better he thinks it could be nerve related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts