Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Haha I don't have a crate for Jubel but if he's acting like Sass just described Squash I'll leave him upstairs and go into the basement myself. Most of the time he'll take the hint and go take a nap in one of our beds, hour or two later he'll give me some soft barks asking me to let him join me in the basement. Just little "ooffs" to get my attention.

Though I did find out this last week with the short term foster dog at the house that he will NOT shut up and go take a nap if I take the foster dog down with me and leave him. I did this because she was a hyper one year old who giving the option wanted to wrestle almost constantly, Jubel is four and wanted a break sometimes. I trust him alone but wasn't so sure about her so she got to come with me and he had to stay. Barked his fool head off until I let him down with us, then pouted cause she wouldn't leave him alone haha.

I'm borrowing a crate to use with the long term foster coming home this weekend and I plan to take advantage of it's presence to do some basic crate training with Jubel too. He already went in it to investigate a few times and I've put treats in it to encourage this. Might stick him in there with a chew toy tonight just to see what happens and let him out when he's done as long as he isn't freaking out over being shut in.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts