Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Woops... didn't mean to scare people here <.< >.> I think the neighbor is just dropping the issue, thank goodness. Sorry for that!

I was looking through pictures on my laptop, and when I flipped through those, my jaws dropped. I know people are telling me they grow fast... but I was NOT expecting it this quick. He's getting more tan on his legs since we brought him home, but I'm thinking he'll definitely have more black than tan (red). His dam was a blanket saddle, which I often get confused with a bi-color, and his sire was a regular black and tan (medium saddle). I think he might end up being a blanket black and red, but I'm not sure. What does everyone else think?

I'll post some more in the pictures section!

add: GSD experts on another forum tell me he's a bi-color! He's a handsome bugger no matter his coat pattern, but that got me confused. Guess I'll introduce him as a bi-color from now on :p

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
He'll be a Black Cream Bi Color, Black with Cream points. You don't see them often, but they're my personal favorite.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks! I didn't know I had a little bi-color in my hands. His face is getting darker now, I think, and he's really growing bigger. Now when he tries to climb into my little book shelf, he falls out!

I'm already having so much fun with him, I'm definitely stuck between wanting him to stay a puppy forever and being really excited he's growing so quickly!

·
Registered
321 Posts
He's getting more tan on his legs since we brought him home, but I'm thinking he'll definitely have more black than tan (red). His dam was a blanket saddle, which I often get confused with a bi-color, and his sire was a regular black and tan (medium saddle). I think he might end up being a blanket black and red, but I'm not sure. What does everyone else think?
Since you asked...I don't think he's a bi-color. See the tan inside his ears? and under his jaw? (his cheek color goes all the way around under his head) Thats a pretty good sign of a very dark black and tan- probably what you're refering to as a "blanket".

I don't think he's cream, I think his tan is perfectly normal and tan.

I can show you pics of a puppy about his color at that age, and what he looks like now, if you'd like. (he's 2 now)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts