Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I am new to the board and I could use some opinions before Onyx's next vet appt tomorrow at 330 pm ET... Here's whats happening with him

My dog onyx has been acting really odd the last 3 weeks. He is a 9 year old Lhasa Apso and Suddenly he no longer wants to be in the bedroom with me which he has been for the last 8 YEARS of his life.. Now he wants to be near my husband ALL the time which is unusual. He will be with me as long as we're not in the bedroom. I took him into the vet and he ran blood work and said it was normal. He did have to have his teeth cleaned last week and also had a broken canine removed. He was on pain medication for 3 days after wards.. He doesn't want to eat his regular food ( Pedigree dry) but he will eat the wet food and anything else I give him including hard cookies. Also for the last 3 weeks he's been walking around with a toy in his mouth constantly and hardly ever drops it..it's like he's suddenly scared of something? I can't figure it out but in the last 3 days he's had these trembling episodes.. He trembles so bad you think he was going to shake right out of his bones.. I called my vet and he said he doesn't think he's in any pain because usually if it's that bad to make him tremble that way he would cry out in some way as well which he doesn't do.. He just trembles for like 5 mins and then it stops.. but this in conjunction with him not wanting to be anywhere near the bedroom in the last 3 weeks and the constant walking around with the toy in his mouth is telling me something is wrong but we can't figure out WHAT! Nothing has changed in my room, Onyx has never EVER been abused in any way, he hasn't been hit or screamed at ( I am adding this because someone actually suggested that may be the problem). His home atmosphere is the same as it's always been.. Any idea's on whats going on??!??!?! Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts