Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Awwwwww. My girls lay like that all the time, so tempting to not wake them up when they are sleeping by rubbing their bellies!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh gosh, Wicket used to sleep so hard when she was a puppy, I could do the funniest things to her and she wouldn't wake up. I used to do all her grooming while she was asleep. This puppy slept through haircuts, nail cuttings and filings, even slept through me plucking the hair out of her ears, LOL. Like a rock I say.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow! Mine have a sixth sense if I even think about clipping their nails! LOL they don't mind baths or being brushed though!!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Wicket sure did change in color like you mentioned in another thread. She still is such a cute little thing! :) Blu Boy and Eddee sleep like that quite often ... no much for Leeo when he slept ... and never for Abbylynn.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicket sure did change in color like you mentioned in another thread. She still is such a cute little thing! :) Blu Boy and Eddee sleep like that quite often ... no much for Leeo when he slept ... and never for Abbylynn.
Thanks for the compliment :D My boyfriend was so upset when he found out she was slowly turning white. He wanted a black puppy, and Wicket was pretty black with some dark beige when we first got her. He still loves her, but he loves the color black too. I tried to keep the black fur as long as I could, but then she hit the tangle stage and I had to shave it all off, lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Mine have a sixth sense if I even think about clipping their nails! LOL they don't mind baths or being brushed though!!
Pekingeses were dogs of royalty, so I think they really enjoy the pampering when it comes to be brushed and lavished :) I really tried hard to desensitize her to every part of the grooming process. I would poke and prod her all the time, lol. I even would pinch the tips her claws very lightly and give her a treat to get her use to the clipper. She still doesn't really like getting her nails cut, but she'll sit still for it. The absolute thing she hates is getting her ears clean, and will actually put up a fight where as everything else she just lets me do it. The fight doesn't last long though, lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is Wicket at 2 months, she was even more black than the picture above. We don't have that many good pictures of her before this age, but she was even blacker then.
2 months.jpg

This one was at 8 months, her fur was finally long enough for a top knot. This was right before she hit the tangle stage. I really liked her look when she had the black fur. She looks so Shih Tzu here we weren't even sure if she had any Pekingese in her at all.
top knot.jpg

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Wow! What a difference! Wicket looks pure bred in the bottom photo to me. I beg to see Pom either. :/

She sure is a cutie! :) I have heard of different breeds changing colors as they mature ... but am not schooled on which ones.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow! Wicket looked just like a Pekingese in the first picture and just like a Shih Tzu in the second! Juicy has lightened up a lot since she was a puppy too, her pictures from her breeder she was much darker! I had to post a pic of her sleeping on her back as a puppy....too cute! Wicket looks a lot like her as a puppy (in the first picture anyway)
IMG_0272.jpg

She still sleeps like that!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Wicket looked just like a Pekingese in the first picture and just like a Shih Tzu in the second! Juicy has lightened up a lot since she was a puppy too, her pictures from her breeder she was much darker! I had to post a pic of her sleeping on her back as a puppy....too cute! Wicket looks a lot like her as a puppy (in the first picture anyway)
View attachment 34291

She still sleeps like that!!
Omg that's so cute, they look so alike, lol. You need to post more pictures :D Wicket's pekingese traits have come back a little now that she's older. Her shih tzu mom was pretty huge, so I guess her pekingese father was smaller. Wicket is much smaller than her mom, her face is flatter than a shih tzu but has more of a snout than a pekingese (no folds). Her legs, especially her back legs, are a little bowed like a pekingese, and she snorts and makes grumbly noises like a peke but not as much. She has really soft shih tzu hair on most parts of her body except for between her shoulders and at her rump near the base of her tail. There the fur is a little coarser like a peke. Wicket has that noticeable "mane" on the neck and shoulders like a pekingese. Her coat is also a little bit wavy, another shih tzu trait, lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Photo dump!! I was very relentless with the camera, lol.

It was a very hot day, so we tried to cool Wicket off with the A/C
284476_545007344962_121101343_31469379_7370110_n.jpg

301519_545136775582_5119113_n.jpg 313164_545731748252_210168_n.jpg 317861_547135021082_181524119_n.jpg

Christmas dress! Sadly, Wicket wasn't allowed to go to any of the family parties. People with dog allergies. Though technically, she's supposed to be hypoallergenic.
400107_556230493682_1855340155_n.jpg

Sneaky little bugger lol.
523967_565668439962_1019801693_n.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
She is so adorable! She looks tiny! How much does she weigh? Juicy is 6 1/2 pounds and is 6 months old, we were told she will likely be under ten pounds.....but the girl loves to eat! lol (only home cooked food though! Have yet to find a canned or dry food she will eat!! grrrr, just ordered Honest Kitchen though and am hoping it works!) Sassy is 3 months old and is 3 1/2 pounds.
I had to throw in a pcture of Juicy in the tub :) you can see how bowed her legs are!!

IMG_0347.jpg

She looks as if she is asking me "why?"

·
Registered
90 Posts
No, We want to keep her fur long, unless of course it becomes an issue where they are uncomfortable. We walk them early in the am and late in the evening to avoid the heat (since it has gotten warm) and we always have the ac on in the house and in the car when they are with us.

·
Registered
878 Posts
This is Wicket at 2 months, she was even more black than the picture above. We don't have that many good pictures of her before this age, but she was even blacker then.
View attachment 34285

This one was at 8 months, her fur was finally long enough for a top knot. This was right before she hit the tangle stage. I really liked her look when she had the black fur. She looks so Shih Tzu here we weren't even sure if she had any Pekingese in her at all.
View attachment 34286
Sooooooo adorable

1 - 20 of 24 Posts