Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of threads regarding potty issues but I would like more specific info on teaching our sweet rescue (Miniature Pinscher mix) to poop out side if she needs to go a second time during the afternoon. Also, lately when I have said, "NO!!!".....she has pooped on a pee pad when I was not near here, then brought the poop in her mouth and dropped it in front of me! Also, once I caught here eating some of the poop to get rid of it before I could clean it up. This may be a hard habit to break because she is 2 years old and had a litter of 6 on May 21. We got her on August 6th and are the 4th people she has been with in 2 years. The original owners had her for a 1 1/2 years and the wife had a stroke. They had to give her up. She was with 2 fosters while she was pregnant and had the puppies. Before we got her, she would go outside with 4 other dogs the foster had in the back yard. We live on acreage and she will always need to be on a leash. She chases squirrels!!! We have snakes and cows too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome too the forum. I read your info and sorry I have not had that happen so no suggestion. But I also live on acreage and went ahead and fenced the area around the back of the house and put in a dog door, it was the way to keep my Molly within a yard. We take her out on a long lead but she has her fenced area and goes in and out of the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts