Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the Dog Park/beach this weekend with Benny my 5 month hold Heinze 57, since hes young i kept him on a long traning rope...i go down to the beach part and there is a few dogs playing in the water i walk in the beach with him and stand there so he can watch and get used to this setting...one dog stuck out inpaticular a coco lab named "thor"... benny was doing his puppy thing just prancing around barking chasing the other dogs, thor was a big dog and def wanted to be the alpha....so benny starts to play with thor just chasing around each other then thor starts to bite his ears, Benny doesnt like this and starts whinning then snaps at thor and thor was taken back... the owner was some arrogant guy and goes well why do you have him on a leash, i said "well because hes 5 months old and i dont trust him yet, it was a 50 ft traning leash" then thor starts his thing again once again Benny snaps at him, thor got the point and the owner says "hes just trying to play" quickly i said to him "No, your dog is trying to be domminate over my dog, and my dog doesnt like it, you need to control you dog" He was taken back by my comments, then leaves to go sit on the beach and left his 12 and 13 year old boys to watch this dog...

This guy had no control over his dog he never listen when his name was called, after the owner left, a white lab was playing in the water and thor was biting his ears too, the other dog didnt give a crap but you can tell was getting annoyed he just wanted to play... THEN a guy walking two huge GSD's comes down to the beach then thor starts to harrass them, and thor wouldnt stop even when the owner called him this went on for about 30 minutes...finally after all the harassing the start walking away and thor finally walks away, as im walking up from the beach he starts to harass a doberman, and wouldnt leave him alone as well... and the owner of thor was just walking away not a care in the world...

I hate owners like that, his dog is going to be put in his place one day and its not going to be pretty and I blame the owner....and it also makes the day not enjoyable when you cant even play or let your dog have fun with a dog like that....sorry to vent im sure we all have similar stories.....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Oh we do, we all have similar stories like that...

Mine is kind of the opposite...

We were at the dog-park when this older-woman had a gorgeous female dog that was no bigger than Donatello, and she stayed in the large dog pen with another gentlemen and his two older dogs... They knew each other for years, so all the dogs were comfortable.

But it was Donatello's third time at the park, and I want him to be social and get to the point where he can play with other dogs.

So she's standing there talking to me, telling me "how fast Gracie" is, and "how fast Gracie" is and "how fast Gracie" is. Over and over, and I just said, "Donatello's pretty fast too." (First of all, this lady didn't like his name, she wrinkled her nose and scoffed at it.) -.-

While she's once again telling me "how fast Gracie" is, Donatello and Gracie are sniffing noses, bowing at each other and racing each other through the fence... It was cute, and a huge improvement for Donatello.

So I said, "Wow, they "seem" to be getting along." and she says, "Oh, Gracie, you're too big for that guy, you'd run him over." -.-

Well, jealousy set in! I scoffed this time and said, "Doubtful."

It came about that we split ways and met up a week later as I was leaving through the main pen. Gracie and Donnie met face to face- More like Gracie came to a skidding halt in his face! lol! I let him off the leash and they ran! Gracie couldn't keep up! She was chasing him, and had no lead on him! Her owner hollered out to me, "He does have speed under him, doesn't he?" I just grinned! Donnie made me proud... He wore her out in two seconds! She went jogging back to her owner and laid down at her feet, as if in submission to say, "Alright, you win."

It just really irked me that she was bragging about her dog left and right, up and down, and then the dog couldn't even perform! lol! Not to mention that "Gracie" wasn't even bigger than Donatello!

Give me a break!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts