1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh my god! You're Pitbull is Georgous! Rednose? He's lovely!!!!!!! :D How old? His tails kinda long for a docked one , isnt it? Either way , hes just perfect! :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
oh my god! You're Pitbull is Georgous! Rednose? He's lovely!!!!!!! :D How old? His tails kinda long for a docked one , isnt it? Either way , hes just perfect! :)
They are not american pit bull terriers, those are cane corso.

OP: They are gorgeous pups, is it just the two puppies?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Based on her username, I would assume they are Cane Corsos (aka Italian Mastiffs)

chaos beat me to it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Cane corsi but if you aren't used to seeing them then I am used to the comments about pits and it doesn't offend me.

There are actually 4 different puppies, the first 2 are one puppy, the second 2 are another puppy, the next 3 are another and the last 2 are another. The 2 formentino with the ears done are the ones that are staying her with us to see how they mature.

·
Registered
48 Posts
geez. this urks me, but having a Cane Corso myself makes me partial. doesnt offend me, just urks me lol. These dogs get their tail docked at the 3rd vertebrae, unlike pits and rotts. they are completely unlike pitbulls. and really, they look nothing like pits at the age of this one if you really know what to look for, but i guess to those who think a docked tail and cropped ears look like pits, it can be deceiving.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes Cane corsi but if you aren't used to seeing them then I am used to the comments about pits and it doesn't offend me.

There are actually 4 different puppies, the first 2 are one puppy, the second 2 are another puppy, the next 3 are another and the last 2 are another. The 2 formentino with the ears done are the ones that are staying her with us to see how they mature.
lol, as puppies i can understand more thinking they are pits. but it's all part of owning the breed i guess. hell, ive even heard rottwieler. im like wtf kind of rott has cropped ears and brindle?

does she hold her ears like that or did she just get them done? some seem to take a while to stand up ive seen. luckily, Canon's cartilidge is fairly dense and his stood well. my wife wants a formentino female, more of the apricot colored than the lighter tan though

·
Registered
28 Posts
The average person has no idea what is a pit and what isn't. And even some "kind of" in the know are mislead because so many dogs are labeled as "pit bull". I have been asked if my Tazzy is a pit bull - she's a black lab mix.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, as puppies i can understand more thinking they are pits. but it's all part of owning the breed i guess. hell, ive even heard rottwieler. im like wtf kind of rott has cropped ears and brindle?

does she hold her ears like that or did she just get them done? some seem to take a while to stand up ive seen. luckily, Canon's cartilidge is fairly dense and his stood well. my wife wants a formentino female, more of the apricot colored than the lighter tan though
Their father is a lighter fawn in colour and so is their auntie lol! But these ones have mor carbonation in their coats. I don't know if it will stay or not but I am okay with the colour, I tend to prefer the darker colours myself but they are what they are. Their ears were done a bit ago but we have to post the females as her's just won't seem to get the hint and stay up. With our adult females we didn't have this problem but they were done by a vet in the US.

Up here corsi are still rare, as in most have no idea what they are seeing and everything is labeled a pit. It doesn't bother me, I just correct the assumption and move on. It is a lot like people who call looking for a puppy and they say Cane (as in sugar cane), I just subtly correct and they usually pick right up on it and ask for the correct way again. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The average person has no idea what is a pit and what isn't. And even some "kind of" in the know are mislead because so many dogs are labeled as "pit bull". I have been asked if my Tazzy is a pit bull - she's a black lab mix.

I had someone ask if my 95lb female was a pug... ummmm yes the giant variety lol :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Their father is a lighter fawn in colour and so is their auntie lol! But these ones have mor carbonation in their coats. I don't know if it will stay or not but I am okay with the colour, I tend to prefer the darker colours myself but they are what they are. Their ears were done a bit ago but we have to post the females as her's just won't seem to get the hint and stay up. With our adult females we didn't have this problem but they were done by a vet in the US.

Up here corsi are still rare, as in most have no idea what they are seeing and everything is labeled a pit. It doesn't bother me, I just correct the assumption and move on. It is a lot like people who call looking for a puppy and they say Cane (as in sugar cane), I just subtly correct and they usually pick right up on it and ask for the correct way again. :)
Canons mom is a lighter fawn, they are pretty but we like the more carbon version better too! I was on the fence with blue or brindle, but I'm glad we got a brindle.

Yea, some of their ears have a tough time, I couldn't tell if it was just the way she held them or what. Atleast they aren't great dane or pitbull cut lol. A little massaging/posting will solve it though!

yea, id much rather someone say "cain corso" than pit thou lol.

how old are the natural eared pups?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Canons mom is a lighter fawn, they are pretty but we like the more carbon version better too! I was on the fence with blue or brindle, but I'm glad we got a brindle.

Yea, some of their ears have a tough time, I couldn't tell if it was just the way she held them or what. Atleast they aren't great dane or pitbull cut lol. A little massaging/posting will solve it though!

yea, id much rather someone say "cain corso" than pit thou lol.

how old are the natural eared pups?
These pups are a result of a brindle and a formentino male. We had a good mix in the litter as far as colours ( brindle, blue brindle, fawn, formentino) I like the carbon that we seem to get with our lines as well :) We have been massaging and thing were going well and then they start to teeth and it seems to put us back some so we are going to post for a couple of days to get them back in the right direction again and then we will massage again. Ugh I hate too high or too low crops, we tried a new vet in our area so we are going to see how they turn out as we would like them to be like mama's.

LOL! I guess I am just used to it and one mistake is no different than the other to me :)

They are all litter mates so they are all just turned 19 weeks yesterday.

·
Registered
178 Posts
oh wow, they're all so gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I am in love with Cane Corso's and your puppies are beautiful. The 5th photo is my favorite.
I hope to be able to own a one, one day. :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
geez. this urks me, but having a Cane Corso myself makes me partial. doesnt offend me, just urks me lol. These dogs get their tail docked at the 3rd vertebrae, unlike pits and rotts. they are completely unlike pitbulls. and really, they look nothing like pits at the age of this one if you really know what to look for, but i guess to those who think a docked tail and cropped ears look like pits, it can be deceiving.
Pits are not a docked breed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pits are not a docked breed.
doesn't mean people dont dock them. most people are used to seeing a docked tail like people would dock a rott or people who dock pits, ive seen quite a few pits with docked tails. my parents rott has a natural tail, germany has banned it so he conforms to their standards as that was their breeders wish.

·
Registered
48 Posts
These pups are a result of a brindle and a formentino male. We had a good mix in the litter as far as colours ( brindle, blue brindle, fawn, formentino) I like the carbon that we seem to get with our lines as well :) We have been massaging and thing were going well and then they start to teeth and it seems to put us back some so we are going to post for a couple of days to get them back in the right direction again and then we will massage again. Ugh I hate too high or too low crops, we tried a new vet in our area so we are going to see how they turn out as we would like them to be like mama's.

LOL! I guess I am just used to it and one mistake is no different than the other to me :)

They are all litter mates so they are all just turned 19 weeks yesterday.
nice. crazy how much a month makes. Canon is 15 weeks tomorrow, 19 weeks doesnt seem like much but they are pretty big compared to him. then again, he was 12.5lbs when we brought him home 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am in love with Cane Corso's and your puppies are beautiful. The 5th photo is my favorite.
I hope to be able to own a one, one day. :)
That would be the boyfriends favored male... he is in an awkward stage at the moment lol so he is a bit like a Clydesdale when we take him out compared to the girls

nice. crazy how much a month makes. Canon is 15 weeks tomorrow, 19 weeks doesnt seem like much but they are pretty big compared to him. then again, he was 12.5lbs when we brought him home 6 weeks ago.
Time goes fast and they will grow in spurts. Some weeks it looks to me like they haven't grown much at all but other weeks it is like crap where did my puppy go. I am not sure of their weight at this point but they had another check up and vaccines at 17 weeks and ranged between 42 to 47 lbs. I honestly can't remember the weights at 8 weeks old but I can say that I do wish they would slow down a little, I hate not having the puppy for too long :( You guy is from Pirate's Den right? I have seen Jen's dogs before in pics and they aren't any slouch in the size department so before you know it look out you will have a big guy on your hands :)

doesn't mean people dont dock them. most people are used to seeing a docked tail like people would dock a rott or people who dock pits, ive seen quite a few pits with docked tails. my parents rott has a natural tail, germany has banned it so he conforms to their standards as that was their breeders wish.
There is a few around here that have been done but it is to pass them off as a rare breed and make more $$ selling them. Is no different then when they have a rottie cross around here and they still dock the tails.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts