Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it was such a pretty morning I took my paddleboard down to the lake. There weren't any power boats out yet. It was just us paddleboarders and kayakers and a few people in rowing skulls. But I did see some interesting stuff.

There was a woman doing long distance swimming. I saw her on my way out and then again on the way back an hour later. She was wearing a black wetsuit with a red bathing cap and was dragging an orange float (a lot of the swimmers do so the boats see them). What was unusual was the big black Lab in the red lifejacket that was swimming right next to her for the entire distance. He hung out right by her right thigh, like he was "on heel". I've never seen anything like that before.

Then there was the little girl of about 9-10 years old with the rowboat and a Newfie. The girl would put out from shore with the Newfie standing on the beach watching her. He'd let her get only so far then he'd swim out and grab the rope that was attached to the front of the boat and drag her back to shore with her trying to row against him the whole way. I watched them do this about 4 times in a row before I decided to keep paddling. (Her parents were on the shore trying not to pee themselves laughing)

Finally, there was a guy on a huge touring paddleboard with a malamute lying on the front of the board while he paddled. The dog took up the entire front of his board. I paddled up to him and complimented his calm dog. He said the dog had done this since he was a pup. Last year he'd gotten hit by a car and lost one of his back legs, but he still hopped up to the front of the board and was happy to take a ride. What a cool dog!

I'd say that was a good dog watching morning!

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Great stories! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts