Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use it? Like it?

Looking into it for one of my dogs. Suspect he has a chicken allergy in addition to some grains (corn, soy, wheat).

Concerned about the low fat in it though. He could stand to lose a couple of pounds, but is 9% too low? 22% protein.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
try taste of the wild but avoid the high prairie formula if you are suspecting a chicken allergy. i personally have been feeding the food for 3yrs and never had a problem and have switched many of my nutrition clients to it and they have made complete turn arounds. its also way more bang for your buck (at least where i am it is) its much cheaper than solid gold here with good ingredients.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've never heard of that brand. I looked it up and I see that it is a 4-star food. Low meat content, but you could supplement with some raw (which will also help bring fat content up a bit) for that if you like. Like I said, I've never heard of it (or used it) so I can't comment on how good it actually is.

As for protein/fat.. I'm not sure how old your dog is, but here is a "general" idea of what % of protein & fat dogs need or should be getting. Just remember that every dog is different and this is just a guideline...

Puppy- 28% recommended protein, 17% recommended fat
Adult Dog- 18% recommended protein, 9-15% recommended fat
Performance Dog- 25% recommended protein, 20% recommended fat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts