Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this food, Solid Gold was part of the list of 6 start premium dry foods(http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showcat.php/cat/8) and I was wondering if anyone has every used it or have any experiencies. The SOLID GOLD:Bark of the moon was on the list, but since I have a Malti-Pom(maltese-pomeranian), 13 lbs, they recommended I take the Solid Gold Just a Wee Bit.
Either way, anyone has any experiences or opinions about this food?

I usually give my dog half dry food and half cooked chicken(no salt).

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have not used this particular kind of SG food, but I use their can food and supplements. My daughter uses Wolfking (on my recommendation) for her German Shorthair Pointer and it's great! I use their SG Indigo Moon dry for my 19 year-old cat and she's doing great! If your dog likes it and does well on it, then you can't go wrong with Solid Gold. Good food and good supplements by a well-known, reputable company.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have used Wee Bits for my Poodles. They really liked it and did well on it, but I got tired of having to add the Seameal with it, plus it just adds to the cost. At the time, I thought there were so many good premium foods out there that I would switch. I have considered going back to Wee bits and I may.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this is my first time buying it and I saw the link, I printed a list of all the dry foods considered 6 star premium foods and barely could find wellness and solid gold, it seems to me that petco and petsupermaket dont carry the premium brands.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used Wolf King for my large breed dog. I didn't really like it because it was pretty smelly. After he ate his breath was really bad and it stunk when he got it in his beard, so I ended up switching to Blue Buffalo food. The Solid Gold brand has good nutritional content though and he seemed to like it as much as any other food, so I'd give it a try.

I found it at a local Petsmart and Petco.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've used the Wee Bits before and had great results with it. I have a yorkie/maltese and her coat looked and felt amazing being on that food. I rotate between brands & flavors with her though because she's a picky eater, so currently she isn't on it, but when she was, I never had any problems with it. I would definitely go back to that food.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I bought a small bag for my small dog. It is nutritionally a very good dog food. My dog wasn't very excited about it. The kibble is very small, good for small mouths. I think my dog was having issues with how small it was. But it is good and I do reccommend it to others. If a dog has issues with the common animal protein sources (beef, chicken, etc), bison is a nice alternative.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I work at petco. They carry Blue buffalo, Wellness, natural balance, and a few other foods I would consider feeding my dogs. They also carry kibbles n bits which is just wrong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts