Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try these, or a cheaper version? http://www.soggydoggydoormat.com/
Pebbles brings a lot of mud in the house, even when I wipe or wash her feet. I have mats all over the place, but my floors are always dirty. I really want to try it, but I won't pay that kind of money if it's not going to work well for what I need.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
If you just want to try a microfiber chenille mat, Walmart has them in the bath mat section and I think they're pretty cheap. Not as big as what the website sells, but it might help you decide if you want to spring for the big one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was looking at those too. Just wondering if the chenille/microfiber really made that big of a difference. I'll check walmart out after the big shopping rush.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a couple of the chennile microfiber bath mats that I use for rainy days. The only problem is they aren't big enough for my Lab....he might get one paw on it as he hustles through the door. So I trained him to stop and wait on the mat and then spin in a couple of circles so the dirt and moisture comes off his paws. He's basically wiping his feet. But, like a typical male, I have to tell him EVERY time he comes in the door! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds lovely, I doubt it works anything like described though. I have also seen rugs of the same/similar material in the bath section. I am cheap, I use old bath towels and mop up whatever still gets tracked around.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We have the soggy doggy shammy and I LOVE it! Absotbs water like nothing else and is a dream for after swimming/bathing. Once I have enough $$ I will buying the mat for sure.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a couple of the chennile microfiber bath mats that I use for rainy days. The only problem is they aren't big enough for my Lab....he might get one paw on it as he hustles through the door. So I trained him to stop and wait on the mat and then spin in a couple of circles so the dirt and moisture comes off his paws. He's basically wiping his feet. But, like a typical male, I have to tell him EVERY time he comes in the door! :)
Thanks. This is what I was afraid of. I have a high energy setter that brings in tons of dirt and mud. I can see her bounding right over top if it and going on her merry way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts