Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been missing for the past week, and some folks noticed. I have been so busy with everything going on at once, I barely had time for the internet. But I'm not going to spend that much time going on and on about my excuses... I know who everyone actually wants to hear about.

Trent is HOME!

He is the most gorgeous, adorable puppy ever! He has a sweet dark face, amazing puppy eyes, and two very, very small tan brows. He's mostly black right now, with darker tan legs. He is very cute, quite nippy, but I've been working on that. He seems to be getting better at it. Also - he has not had a single accident! When I take him outside, he'll go, but inside, he doesn't. He sits in his crate well, although he does not show much interest in his kong. He likes to chew, though. His favorite toys are the tennis ball, and the empty box of mascarpone cheese.

He didn't eat that much at first, but he's better. He also hates his leash and collar, which I haven't put on yet. That means no walks for him, but I want to let him adjust to his new home first, as the breeder suggested. He did cry, especially on the car ride home, but other than that, he was completely fine. He also met a lot of new kids, and they loved him! Everyone who saw him thought he was the most beautiful puppy ever, and he did get called a "she" a couple of times, but oh well. This one lady actually kept on asking me questions about where I got him because she loved him so much. He is so smart, too. I actually think he almost has "sit" and "down", and seems to know his name, although he does not respond to it very often. He also follows me where ever I go, unless he's having too much fun with a tennis ball. Sometimes, he runs up behind me and I almost step on him, though, so I have to be extra careful.

This is the great/weird part about him - he does not have that extremely hyperactive puppy quality. He has been wandering and sniffing around the house quite a lot, and running at our heels, but none of that "bouncing off the walls" kind of thing that I was fully prepared for! He runs/pounces around for a few moments, and then suddenly flop down and look up at me and just lays there. Not sure why he does that. :confused:

But I am so impressed with him, the breeder really did a great job. I'm so proud to have him, and can't believe even now I'm a dog owner! It seemed like such a short time ago I came on this forum considering a puppy, and asking all these questions.

I have a couple pictures, but most I have yet to upload. Really, he always turns and gets up or runs off the moment I try to snap a picture, so a ton of them are blurry. Plus, my camera is just too old, and I desperately need a new one.

got 'em

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
what a cute puppy!!! my experience is that it takes a coupld of weeks to get to that hyper stage after they come home, so dont relax yet! lol when that time comes most people wish for the relaxed first weeks. good luck with him

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh darn, I had my hopes up there. But hey, I was prepared for it, expected it, and I'm thinking I felt a bit ripped off that he didn't zoom around.

The teething is scaring my sister and having me careful about what I wear. So far, he's ruined 3 socks and 2 pairs of my pants, one of them I just bought the other day. I ought to have been more careful, so that was my fault. I should have known better than to wear new pants with a teething puppy!

But the great news is that he really seems completely housetrained! He has not been here for long, and we honestly didn't do any house training stuff with him because he didn't show signs of needing to go. Then, the moment we take him outside in the yard, he pees or poos. Not a single accident yet. I have to send a thank-you e-mail to the breeder for that!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Glad to hear all is well Equinox. Hope you didn't take my concern the wrong way - maybe I was just a little too anxious for Trent pictures.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
uh oh...I think im getting a temperature. ..and an irresistible inclination towards "ooos" and "awws"

yep. its official. all symptoms point to the deadliest most virulent strain of

PUPPY FEVER!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

seriously though Equinox

please keep up with the pictures. I would like to see a GSD grow up. it would be....helpful.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
As someone else said, in a few weeks you will be wishing for these "quiet" days. ;) He is still getting used to his big change (with no siblings, etc) but I know you are up for the job. Keep the pics coming because he is going to change weekly, if not daily!

Welcome home Trent!! :D

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes, the original pictures are big, but DF resizes them automatically in my post... or do you mean these pictures are still too big?

Thanks silverphoenix ^^ I have been waiting a long time to get him!

I just took a new batch of adorable pictures, and will get them up soon!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
AWW!!! He's somehow even cuter than I imagined he would be! What a cute little guy, I hope to see TONS of pictures :) lol we rehearsed the picture thing. The more pics the better! He's sooo cute! He's different then what I pictured him looking but he's still so cute.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts