Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 24-hr ban for 'Backseat Moderating'.

I would like this explained as I don't see how I did anything to warrant it, nor did anyone warn me about any rules I was supposedly breaking.

I realize I'm new here, but I think this is a great forum. I just don't want to feel that I have tippy-toe around on eggshells trying not to get banned by overzealous moderators. :p

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
The rules are listed in the Attention Newcomers forum, it is your responsibility to review them and be familiar with them, and moderators are not required to give warnings for rules you should already be familiar with. Attempting to dictate or instruct other forum members on what they should or should not post in a thread is something only a moderator is permitted to do, and is considered backseat moderating, which is an automatic temp ban. I'd be grateful that you were only given a 24 hour ban, as it can be much longer, depending on the moderator's discretion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, it was a 48-hr ban. I just mis-typed.

At the risk of being 'banned' again... I don't believe that making a SUGGESTION to move a topic to another thread should be considered 'dictating'. In fact, I was concerned about breaking the 'no hijacking' rule. But hey, whatever.

Touchy... sheesh.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
Actually, it was a 48-hr ban. I just mis-typed.

At the risk of being 'banned' again... I don't believe that making a SUGGESTION to move a topic to another thread should be considered 'dictating'. In fact, I was concerned about breaking the 'no hijacking' rule. But hey, whatever.

Touchy... sheesh.
Those are the rules, and you are required to follow them if you wish to participate in this forum. If you don't want to follow the rules, you don't have to, but your time here will be limited. If you feel a post is hijacking a thread, REPORT it, and let the mods handle it, don't try to assume the mods' job, that is the very definition of backseat moderating.

And a warning, arguing with mod's decisions is also against forum rules, be grateful the ban was as short as it was, given that often backseat moderating can result in bans of up to a week. See, sometimes we do give out warnings. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts