Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheecho and I went to a JRT trial today. We did Thunder Tunnel, Brush Hunt, and Lure Coursing.

Cheecho got First in the Lure Coursing, with a 17.176! He was in the shorty devision, and he won by over a whole second! I'm so proud of him right now! This is only his second time doing this, and the last time was a year ago when he was 6 months!!!
009.jpg

016.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

023.jpg

017.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Well, I'm certainly no expert when it comes to JRT trials, but I happen to think that's a TREMENDOUS ! achievement, regardless.

.... and, you have every right to be proud, I know I would be.

Cheers ! to you and Cheecho. :whoo:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you every one! :)

I didn't know a thing about trials till last year. The owner of our local holistic pet food store told me about it last year since I had my puppy. Boy is it fun! Seeing him spazz out like a crazy jack is so worth it! :p

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Earth dog stuff is so neat. I've never been able to see it in person though.

Sounds like you had your dog had a blast! Congratulations!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thank you every one! :)

I didn't know a thing about trials till last year. The owner of our local holistic pet food store told me about it last year since I had my puppy. Boy is it fun! Seeing him spazz out like a crazy jack is so worth it! :p
I was just wondering if Schnauzers or their mixes or other high energy dogs compete? Or is this strictly for Terriers? It does look like fun. The reason I ask is because I have a crazy dog who loves to run and chase rodents and catch them. I wish I could find something for him to do........as he is high energy. ( he needs to shed a few pounds first! Lol! ) He is five yrs. old though?........Just curious if it may be something to look into?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just wondering if Schnauzers or their mixes or other high energy dogs compete? Or is this strictly for Terriers? It does look like fun. The reason I ask is because I have a crazy dog who loves to run and chase rodents and catch them. I wish I could find something for him to do........as he is high energy. ( he needs to shed a few pounds first! Lol! ) He is five yrs. old though?........Just curious if it may be something to look into?
You should look into it! The club here lets all breeds get involved as long as it's not a sanctioned event. They even did a non terrier race this year. Watching the Chi's and what ever that other thing was, was quite funny.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I have been wanting to get him involved in something other than killing the rodents out back in the woods! Thank you! I will see if there is anything in my area or near by. Leeo will love you for it if we find a place that offers this type of club! :D

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Congrats!! First place is certainly a great achievement. I love to see all the different dog sports, what is the Brush Hunt?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brush hunt is a small fenced in area is some woods/brush. There is a rat in a cage hidden some where in the brush and they have to find it. They hid it too good this year, most of the dogs couldnt find it. Cheecho thinks he's a coon hound and kept looking up the trees. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts