Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, little bit of a rant here, but I still would like to hear others opinions on what's going on here, I will TRY (try being the operative word lol) to be brief.

So, you remember from my "employment" thread that we have given our notice & have quit our last job. We have found a new job with a good boss that pays well & best of all NO KIDS... Well there are kids around, but they are the ranch forman's & are older & very well behaved girls (who we hardly see anyway due to lotsa summer activities), the others are some workers but they don't even live near us so Izze never has to interact with them... Yaaaaay :D.

Here is the pisser... When we said we were leaving, OH even worked to find her a replacement, he found two good ppl who started on the day before we left. Well, she was there (it was a weekend) she found out that the wife didn't know how to saddle a horse & all hell broke loose. She made the poor lady re saddle the horse multiple times to the point that the poor lady (whose English wasn't very good) to tears, our ex boss was so rude to both of them I couldn't even believe it & I had to walk away before I said something I was going to regret.

Fast fwd to today, over the past couple of days she has been incessantly calling OH & I but we haven't answered, until OH finally had enough & called her back. It turns out that the agreement on their pay wasn't as such, the man & his wife say she agreed to pay them $400 EACH, ex boss says she agreed to pay them $400 FLAT, apparently there was a huge argument (with poor OH in the middle, translating) & the new employees ended up leaving tonight without feeding the animals or anything. We have gotten 2 more calls since then & she knows this area very well, we are half afraid she will show up here looking for us!

We didn't lie to the lady when we gave out 2wks we just said that it wasn't working out for us anymore, that we didn't feel that it was a good fit for anyone (including her) & we just want out. I didn't want to go into dirty details with her, I just didn't want it to be like a divorce with all the stuff that had been adding up over the yr & a half we were there.

Thoughts??? Sorry that was so long lol.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
It's not your problem anymore. You gave your 2 weeks notice, fair and square. If she shows up, be nice but firm. Her problems finding new people have nothing to do with you.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This lady scares me, we are afraid that she will falsely accuse is of something like stealing, or whatever (which I have never done... Well once, I stole a pack of gum when I was 8 :D). She's kinda crazy... Something I never knew til we worked there for a while, true colors showing & stuff.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Talk ot the new boss ASAP and let her know what's going on with the former employer and that the former employer is basically stalking you (that's what it amounts to). I'm assuming you've moved off the former employer's property and on the to the new.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
What a [email protected]#$% !! How sad for that poor woman who didnt know how to saddle. I'm glad they left! People like that make me so mad. Well, its not your problem anymore. But, like Carla said, tell your new employer, right now, whats going on. The ex-boss sounds like the type who may just slander you for the fun of it.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know, she's like a crazy ex or something. She's called OH two more times since yesterday, he just doesn't take her calls.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What she's doing... Is it illegal? I mean we really didn't go into the dirty details as to why we quit when we told her we wanted to leave, but we were still polite about it all the same. We thanked her for the opportunity to work for her & all the stuff she did for us. Yadda yadda.

I dont under stand her angle, she wasn't happy with us when were there, always griping about the house not being cleaned well enough to satisfy her allergy-laden brats, complaining about when a horse gets injured, making me strip the darn arena stalls once a wk cuz according to her they were "dingy" & she wants them white foe aesthetic reasons. If she wants to go it that way, I csn always slap her with animal harassment charges, foe what her kids were doing to my dog.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ugh. She had boundary problems before you left (which is why you left) and the boundaries are still being breached with you gone. I can't stand people with no concept of boundaries and what she did to that poor woman is abusive.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, you should have been there. She when pushed me out of the way when I tried to help the poor lady saying that im leaving in a day & she has to "learn to do it by herself". (I speak Spanish, she doesn't) I tried explaining that she isn't going to learn how to tack a western saddle in ONE darn day, but she just kept repeating that it was the only way she was going to learn & stuff, I just threw up my hands & walked away before I said something I was going to regret. :S

me & OH talked & he's not going to answer her calls but after a wk, if she is still calling, then he will call her & ask her to please not bother us anymore, as we have moved on (yes, we moved out) to a job we love.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, well... With the economy & all, we couldn't find any better employment. The worst thing was her treatment of my animals & lack of concern for their feelings :(. She was more hesitant to tell her kids no hen she was about an animals feelings/rights... :(.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
If you think she's going to escalate (call your new boss, come to your place, etc.) you should document all the contact she attempts. Just get a notebook and write down the time whenever she calls, if she leaves a message write down what she says (and save it in the phone, too). Then if she tries anything you can get her for stalking/harrassment.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another prob lol, apparently, they use the same vet, the ppl at the vets office know us, what if they tell her they saw us?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Is it a problem if they say they saw you? I assume that if you live in the same general area, you're going to be seeing her around, she'll see you, mutual acquaintances will see both of you, etc. As long as she isn't being creepy stalker-ish I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Straight up tell her to eff off. If she argues, get a restraining order.
well, she has now stopped calling us, thank god. we'll see how long that lasts BC the vet saw me i think, so he might mention to her that they saw us, so we'll see what that brings lol :doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts