Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a great winter! Not >>

Anyways, I was driving when all the sirens went off. I hurried home and ended up huddled in the bathroom when the tornado came by. It was so creepy. I was in the bathtub with a pillow over my head. It was hailing so loudly. Then all of a sudden it went quiet. A moment later everything went black (and I realized I forgot a flashlight). I grabbed the phone to try to call but it wouldn't go through. So I waited. About 10 minutes later the power came back on and I called my Dad. That's when I learned that it went right between me and my sister's school.

After it passed, there was a second storm, then a third, and a fourth. I went outside after the second and all you could hear were ambulance and police sirens.

It took over an hour from then to pick my sister up from school because both roads going to my house were damaged. The subdivision by my sister's school is damaged badly. One of our friends lost their roof and part of their house.

It's settling down now. We still have storms but no tornados (for now). Our power keeps flashing in and out, but most people around here have no power at all.

Everyone in the path of this storm, BE SAFE!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Oh YIKES!! that's sooo scary! I bet it was a panic at your sisters school! AND I'm sure your dad was very worried about his girls too!
Oh - hail is the worst! It sounds just terrible! Course, tornados are nothing to sneeze at either.
How do the dogs re-act to such storms?
Glad to hear you're safe! Stay that way - I hope the storms blow over real soon!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
O wow!!! I'm glad that you all are ok!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Holy...Omg, I'm so glad you and yours are safe! That must have been so scary...

Tornadoes frighten me so much, but thankfully, we don't get them here in the city. The closest I seen one that actually touched down was about two miles east of us, and it was somewhat unpopulated and empty out there at the time (not so much anymore; that was YEARS and YEARS ago).

Again, glad you all are safe, and I hope no one was injured too badly...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im glad you all are alright.. I was talking to my sister on the phone and she had to get off because the sirins were going off she lives in texas too in Arlington hope she and her pups are ok I havent heard from her yet but im waiting we had some here to in oklahoma about 10 15 miles from me lucklly we wernt in it yet but we usually are... spring came early hahaha !!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Not that early. I wasn't shocked at all.

I love severe weather. Yes, it's crazy, I know. I'm a certified NWS Storm Spotter, and along with my brother we operate a HAM radio and so we stay busy during bad weather times!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops, sorry I forgot to switch my profile. I'm in north Edmond, Oklahoma. I think the tornados y'all are getting in TX are leftovers from what we got earlier.

I went driving to take Josie to school today and its awful. It's only a mile to her school and the area between here and the school is just wrecked. It's a nice neighborhood on a golf course and there are houses there with no roofs. All the trees and fences are down, sheds turned over. This is all right across the street from where my sister was at elementary. We managed to get through with just some hail damage. Our power went out again last night while I guess people were working on power lines. All night you could hear police sirens and workers out trying to get the lines off the streets. For a while they thought there was a gas leak too, but I think it turned out to be a false alarm. It's crazy. You can just see the path this thing took right down the subdivisions and across the road. One house is fine, the one next to it is almost gone.

No major injuries, though. Several of our friends houses are pretty damaged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i thought you had on here you were from tx haha either way im in choctaw close to midwest city I was coming out of walmart when I got in my car it was on the radio with the sirins going off and everything yesterday. the tornanoes in edmond and yukon they were pretty severve we had severve thunderstorms ans a little lightning but I guess we were lucky .. Im glad you are safe still havent heard from my sis but im sure shes fine

·
Registered
823 Posts
We are having crazy weather here, too (Ohio). It was like negative 13 a few weeks ago, cold last week (like 20's), and in the 50's the last 2 days. Now a cold front is coming through, so we are having tornado watches and such. I was in my econ class today and it was so windy the trees were bent in half. There was so much wind, rain, and hail that we literally could not see out the windows. At all. It was scary.

Then like 20 minutes later I was waiting for the bus and the sun came out. there was the most beautiful double rainbows I have ever seen.

Crazy weather. Stupid Ohio. Tomorrow it is supposed to snow...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts