Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, so it's been a lonnngggg time since we've had a tiny puppy in the house, even as a foster. Some 'ol backwoods lookin' woman in the Walmart parking lot earlier had this itty bitty 12 week old puppy in a box in the back of her truck. Claims she was a breeder who bred a blk/tan dachshund to a chocolate dachshund and came out with him, who's a blk/tan dapple dachshund. She said she "hates" dapples and he was "useless" to her breeding stock, so she wanted him gone ASAP, free to the first one who got him out the box. The only people looking at him were a couple of rough looking guys that gave me the wrong impression, so I said I'd take him. Oh my goodness, cuteness overload! I'm sure he'll find a great home really quick, considering his stunning cuteness. There's already a couple of approved people on the waiting list with one of the rescues, waiting on a puppy of any breed.

However, he reaks of urine, nails are grown into the pads almost (and a couple are actually IN the pads). Claims she gave him a vax for the first time yesterday. He looks underweight, and over-wormy. He's also not a playful little puppy, actually he just kinda wants to... sit there and stare at you, or lay down.

I made a comment to her in the parking lot about why he kept shaking, and was he nervous. She goes, "no, he's scared. He took a sh*t in my truck and I popped the piss out of him." Oh, well aren't you a lovely person.

Anyways, I wormed him, and got him in a brand new kennel with newspaper, to keep him away from everything/everyone until he can see a vet tomorrow. Tomorrow he'll see the vet (he can take a road trip with Rosie, who's also heading to the vet), take care of whatever needs to be taken care of, and then he'll be ready for his new forever home search.

*giddyness* CANNOT get enough of the puppy breath!

Peeky-ture!

·
Registered
52 Posts
What a beautiful little puppy! Thanks so much for taking him in and doing what is right by him :)

I do believe in karma and am hoping it certainly catches up with that nasty woman/owner soon! lol

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
OMG!! Just look at those big puppy eyes. He's just adorable. I'm so glad you got him out of such a horrid situation.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
He's very cute. And what a horid person just giving him away because she didn't like his color or hitting him because he peed. You should have gotten her plate # and reported her to walmart, animal control, and posibly the police.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
I think I need to subscribe to the Dogforums Large Print Edition. I first read this as a B&T coonhound, dachshund mix and wondered whose idea THAT was. And what would you call it - a dachshound?

Anyway, he's adorable. Our first family dog when I was a kid was a runt dachshund. (It's an ancient breed. ;)) She was smart and feisty and incredibly affectionate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I read his story, I thought along the same lines as AnimalCracker, you should have written down her licence plate number and found out where she lives, then get someone to check out her "breeding kennels" to make sure that she's taking good care of the pups she has at home. Someone who freely admits to "popping the piss" out of a puppy to a total stranger is suspect in my eyes.

Now back to that cute little bundle. He's absolutely adorable, he's a lucky little fellah to have gotten out of his hell on earth.... I sure hope his parents and sibblings aren't living it :(

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
You are truly one of a kind! When I saw the post title I thought...WTF...who would buy a dog from WalMart and I didn't even know WalMart SOLD dogs! :eek:

Good luck with finding this little one a good home. Puppy breath is the best as are puppy kisses! Keep us informed...as if you wouldn't. ;)

I think I need to subscribe to the Dogforums Large Print Edition.
Uh, if you hit Ctrl+ it will make the view larger Ron :D. At least it does on my computer...;)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Uh, if you hit Ctrl+ it will make the view larger Ron :D. At least it does on my computer...;)
Wow that's cool, makes the text where even my blind self can read it...I think you saved me money on a new pair of glasses this year, lol!

About the puppy...my God :eek:

You are a much better person than I am, I would have taken the puppy to my car then gone back and popped her in her nasty mouth...did I mention I have a bad temper with stupid people?

He is so adorable, I would have taken him home in a heartbeat and risked the argument with hubby later...(you know the "you have too many dogs" speech I'm sure)

Poor baby, glad he's got a good new friend!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
ok, so he's not a Border Collie....you can send that baby this way ANYTIME you're ready....just tell me where to pick him up at.....he is soooo adorable....

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
That's gotta be the cutest doxie pup I've ever seen!! I have no idea why that lady would hate his colors, or be so mean to him!!

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a home for him! XD

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Tir, if you were closer.... :D (You too AC!)

Too bad you guys don't live closer, I know y'all would give him a great home!

That pup is in a much better place now, and he left his fomer owner a nice parting gift in the truck. What can brown do for you??
*Spews soda everywhere* ROFLMAO!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts