Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found worms.. or some sortof parasite in my dog's feces.. It was beyond disgusting.. It looked like rice at first.. Its Sunday so I can't take him to the vet today, we will have to wait for tomorrow.. but, my question here is, will I need to have my other dog treated as well? What about my cats? I've never had to deal with an animal that has had worms before.. Oh its so beyond gross.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. They are on flea prevention meds every month, and were de-wormed in June.. Not sure if maybe the wormer ran out? I called the vet and they are giving me pills today for both my dogs. I have never had an animal get worms before, and i've had cats/dogs my whole life. I don't think my other dog has them, but I want to be better safe than sorry. They said my cats should be fine.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that could definitely be. They wander around the back yard, and we have ALOT of stray cats that leave dead mice/birds around sometimes.. I will need to do a sweep of the backyard more often, I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.