Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work yesterday an older gentleman brought in his 9 month old lab and asked the other trainer at our store if he would take the dog. The dog is incredibly well behaved for a 9mo lab. They just "can't" take care of him and the rest of the people in the house.

Of course the other trainer says no, he asks me, I say no, he continues asking everyone who walks by. A sucker comes along.

She takes the dog.

Now here's the part that really pisses me off. She has a habit of taking dogs and cats that people bring to the store, and then when they don't work out, she does the EXACT SAME THING and passes them on to another home. She JUST got a puppy from another customer and in a few days gave it away because it cried when she put it outside.

*SMASH*

This poor dog is just getting tossed around from place to place because people don't seem to get that these are LIVING BEINGS not toys.

I'm tempted to report her to corporate for taking the dog. But that won't help the dog. Or make her see what they're all doing is WRONG.

I understand there are circumstances where someone really would have to give up their dog. But this is an OUTSIDE DOG that is AMAZINGLY well behaved, and they can't be bothered to find some way to make it work even with the new people in the house? WTF? We tried to refer him to a rescue and he just kept asking people. All that matters to them is it's not their problem any more.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
So sad. People view animals as nothing more than property sometimes..

·
Registered
171 Posts
To just give it to anybody proves they didnt really care about the dog to begin with.It was "just a dog"..We had to rehome a dog once and even though we found a perfect home for him.I still miss him 4 yrs later...Luckily he has a page on Dogster so I get to see how he is doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts