Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We switched the girls to 4Health Salmon and Potato last month from TOTW and I was loving the price and the girls were loving the food. We bought a second bag a few weeks ago and since then I have come to a horrible realization. Both of the girls are now constantly itching at their feet, in between their toes. I was so busy concentrating on Chloe's poop (a weird statement for non dog people!!) to be sure she wasn't getting loose stool from the new food, that I didn't pay attention to anything else.

Sydney has never before had an issue with her food, I always said she could eat rocks and still thrive. The only thing I can think of is that she developed a grain sensitivity while being on grain free food for so long.

I still have maybe 15 or so pounds of the 4Health left, but I guess we will be going back to TOTW after this again. Money has been super tight recently and I really wish I could try a different brand of grain-free, but maybe some time in the future.

I don't mean to whine (too much!) but I was so excited to be set on a new food that was good for everyone and its just depressing to admit defeat.

On a good note I found out my schools Meat Lab is selling rib bones for $.99 a pound so I'm stocking up and the girl's teeth have never looked prettier!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
How about trying Earthborn? It's similarly priced to TOTW.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
If it isn't one thing, it's another, right? Been that way around here recently, too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will look into Earthborn and see if anywhere close sells it.

And I know its driving me nuts!! I can't imagine whats going to pop up wrong next!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts