Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something strange.

Snorting in a dog is usually due to sneezing. However we have a Husky that snorts when a stranger comes very close. She is not snorting due to something in her nose. She snorts to intimidate intuders. This is hilarious to us, but people really think we have a pet pig.

Has anyone else heard of a dog doing this?

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Sounds pretty interesting. I've never heard of that before, but it could be some sort of learned behavior. It may be wise to snap her out of it, and redirect her attention before it turns into a bite.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My corgi pup does this when he's impatient lol... Like if I'm holding him for something such as to brush him or clip his nails, etc. It's like his "I don't want to wait for this" noise lmfao... I pretty much ignore it, but his doesn't have anything to do with protectiveness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old forum but my female Husky started snorting at other dogs and strangers about 6 months ago. She's 4yrs old so not sure where she got it from. We try to correct her when she does it as it seems to be a warning of sorts...very strange though. She's changed her temperament in this time too, may need to figure out how to resocialize her.

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
This thread is 15 years old....and nobody on it is active anymore. I would suggest starting your own thread if you would like replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.