Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lab/collie mix is 12 years old and Is going in for surgery tomorrow .... He already had blood work and the vet checked his heart !!! he is 100% healthy... well anyways he has a tumor on his right side and needs to get it removed, it has growen into his muscle and will end up with a pretty big scar.... I am scarred that something will happen to my precious boy!!! the surgery is $600 + dollars so, we had to wait until now to get it done ... I feel bad because if we had done it a month ago it would not be as large, but financially we could not afford it at the time!!! Just need some prayers sent his way ...

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have my thoughts and best wishes! I'm in the same boat as you were, we have to wait a little while to get an ultrascan of Beethoven's heart because it's gonna run us anywhere from 300 to 600 bucks. Why can't money just grow on trees? :p
I'm sure he'll do great recovering from it. :]

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Prayers coming Snickers and your way....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my hubby & I Took Snickers to the vet for surgery today ... we don't want him to stay the night at the vets .... We should be able to pick him up around 4pm this evening ... I cried when I left him there and he looked at me with his sad puppy dog eyes ... Im sure he will be ok ... I will let ya all know when he gets settled back at home....
thanks for the thoughts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Snickers is going in for surgery tomorrow - He's home now

Okay, Snickers is home and doing ok... seems to be in a bit of pain, he has already chewed 5 staples out at the vet so he has to wear a cone when we are not right there with him ....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Pretty descent sized scar! Glad to hear everything went okay! And that you are keeping a cone on him. We seriously had these people who refused one, came in because their dog had pulled staples out and the wound was bleeding some, refused a cone again despite our best efforts. They came back a third time and finally decided to get a cone! :)

Hope healing goes smoothly for Snickers now!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty descent sized scar! Glad to hear everything went okay! And that you are keeping a cone on him. We seriously had these people who refused one, came in because their dog had pulled staples out and the wound was bleeding some, refused a cone again despite our best efforts. They came back a third time and finally decided to get a cone! :)

Hope healing goes smoothly for Snickers now!
yes, we have the cone for him .... before leaving the vet he had pulled out 5 staples and they had to replace it .... he is doing great ... THANK YOU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts