Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I don't think there is any wolf in the dog but regardless he's beautiful and it's probably a good thing!

I love his coloring, almost looks like a bicolor GSD.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmm, just looking at him, he doesn't look like a wolf hybrid, but that's okay. :p Wild mixes have more of a potential to be dangerous anyway. Regardless, he is a beauty! :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i was thinking GSD/Akita mix...JMO

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Very pretty dog, though it's hard to believe there's any wolf in there. Not sure why folks would want a wolf hybrid anyway...but that's another thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's some more pictures of him, he does look a little like a GSD but he doesn't have any in him at all, he is a Hybrid Wolf and Chow

·
Registered
808 Posts
Although it doesn't matter what breed your dog is because he's beautiful that isn't a wolf or chow coat. Not to mention the ears are completely different from a wolf.

Wolves also generally have smaller ears with lots of "fluff" in them.

I'm willing to bet your dog is more then 90% German Shepherd you can see it in the coloring. Although it's not quite as common as the black/tan. I can see chow, maybe akita, but no wolf. Wolf mix will have longer thinner snout, close set eyes that aren't so round, overall rangier build. The ears/muzzle remind me more malamute maybe? I believe I saw a GSD/Mal that looked almost exactly like that.

Bicolor German Shepherds are probably my favorite coloring of the breed. They're stunning!

------

Young bicolored GSD:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I agree with SMoore - I don't see any wolf in your dog, but that definitely doesn't make him any less beautiful or special. :) I've worked with wolf hybrids and I'm pretty familiar with them, and even low-contents appear to be more "wolfy-looking" than your still very lovely dog. :)

And I don't think you're lying, BTW - I just think you were likely misinformed by the breeder. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) most wolfdogs sold to the public are actually just various Husky and Shepherd mixes, touted as wolfdogs in order to get more profit.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts