Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting a lot lately about gross bodily functions but I need help.. :help:
Is smelly gas an indicator that something is wrong and that my pup is not feeling well? He's never had smelly gas until this last week so I'm not sure what to make of it. We have not changed his food but if you've read my other threads, we've been trying to find a new grain free training treat for him. Possibly the grain free Buddy Biscuits are doing it?? He did get into some homemade biscuits at the store yesterday and I"m not sure what they were made of but he's had very soft stools today as a result. The gas started before the biscuit incident. I'm stopping all treats again for now. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,838 Posts
You mean, as opposed to non-smelly gas?

Occassional windage is probably not a big deal, unless your dog is sitting with his butt up to your face (why do they do that?) Frequent flatulance in dogs, as in people, is a sign of gastric distress that may be precipitated by the food, but could be a symptom of some other stomach problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean, as opposed to non-smelly gas?

Occassional windage is probably not a big deal, unless your dog is sitting with his butt up to your face (why do they do that?) Frequent flatulance in dogs, as in people, is a sign of gastric distress that may be precipitated by the food, but could be a symptom of some other stomach problems.
LOL! I guess that did sound funny. The gas has been really, really bad smelling. Just wanted to know if all smelly gas was a bad sign. I'm sure he has gas and I don't know it because it doesn't smell that bad.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'd use only his kibble for treats and see if the gas clears up or at least, decreases. That way, you could narrow down the cause. If he's still gassy on just kibble, then something in the kibble is bothering him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts