Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time the dogs can air dry, but there's going to be the odd time I need to fluff them for a show. Ticket at the moment has to dry with a suit on, not often I'm sure but still, Kilt seems to dry naturally without too many flips or problems, and the cat needs to be dried after his baths to keep him from getting chilled (did not realize he'd be such a prissy, but I guess that's a persian).

Any suggestions on something small? I wouldn't need to fully dry a a golden but the borders might need it from time to time and mainly for the cat's use. If there's a smaller unit that would work great, if I have to invest then that's fine, it can wait, but...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I would just use a human hair dryer. If the borders are handstripped, you dont want to high velocity dry them, as the coat wont lay flat. The golden would benefit from a hv dryer, but for a golden, I wouldnt go with anything less than a K9I, and you couldmuse,that on the cat too, but with the nozzle off unless he allows you to use it with the nozzle on. With a human dryer, wrap the cat in a dry towel and crate and leave him for 20 minutes or so, then take him out and you can have him dry in a few minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts