Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok
I noticed a very small bump on my dog hind area a few days ago. Figured Id monitor it for a week. Then last night I noticed another bump(on the side of the dog light skin colored) I figured I take her in to see the vet today. I really thought that the vet would look at both and tell me to monitor over the next week. The bigger bump is still smaller then a raisin.
I got the new vet and she tried to needle asperate and look under the scope. She was unable to tell anything from that. She suggested removal. She consulted with the other vet who agreed. They felt that it could be done with a local and a sedative(maybe not nessersary). I know if I took her to the vet in the next town I would have been told to monitor.
I agreed to it. If they told me she would have to be put under I would get a secound opinion. Wondering how you guys and gals feel about removing a bump that has been on the dog less then a few days. Also what is the recovery going to be like?
She had a benign tumor(parifoliculitus) removed from near her eye last year. She is three years old. Thing like this are starting to drive me crazy. Im constantly worried about finding something after last year.
Just need to vent
thanks
deeppowder

·
Registered
601 Posts
This is happened to me this past week, which I posted on another forum.

Please note: I am not saying this is what your dog has. Also my vet suspected this outcome, but she couldn't be sure from just examining the lump. Also, they wouldn't do a local because she said it was already very sensitive to Molly. She goes back in ten days to have the stitches removed. No playing jumping for that time period and the cone has to remain on her.

Molly had a tiny pimple on the inside of her right ear last week and it quickly grew to about the size of the nail on your little finger and was irritating her. She had surgery to have it removed. She is resting comfortably with a cone on her head so she can't scratch at the ear.

Got a call from the vet advising lump was histiocytoma. All is well and there shouldn't be any future problems as a result of this growth. Apparently, these occur in young dogs and sometimes if left disappear within 3 months. The trouble is if left and begins bothering the dog (as with Molly) and it's scratched, bitten, etc. it can become infected. Glad it was removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts