Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to brag just a bit :D Abby is a 5 month old boxer and I have been taking her to training class since she was 11 weeks old. She is a savant in class, lol but can be a terror at home because there are 4 other people in the house who aren't going to training class with her so she doesn't really listen to them much (including my hubby). I have them work with her daily on commands but well .... she is stubborn and still a pup.

She minds me well but when I am not around she pushes the fam around. Yesterday I was gone to cub scout training ALL DAY. My daughter who is 4 accidentally held the door open too long and Abby ran out. (when I am home Abby doesn't do this). Well my hubby did the emergency recall command (he said he sounded like a girl, lol) and she came back. It was great to hear that some of our training is working - yay!!!

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
YAY Nikki, Abby AND especially DAD!

You may find this small success helps build his interest in working with her more often...it can be very self rewarding to be "listened to" by your puppy!

And by the way..nothing wrong with bragging...you've all earned it!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I have to brag just a bit :D Abby is a 5 month old boxer and I have been taking her to training class since she was 11 weeks old. She is a savant in class, lol but can be a terror at home because there are 4 other people in the house who aren't going to training class with her so she doesn't really listen to them much (including my hubby). I have them work with her daily on commands but well .... she is stubborn and still a pup.

She minds me well but when I am not around she pushes the fam around. Yesterday I was gone to cub scout training ALL DAY. My daughter who is 4 accidentally held the door open too long and Abby ran out. (when I am home Abby doesn't do this). Well my hubby did the emergency recall command (he said he sounded like a girl, lol) and she came back. It was great to hear that some of our training is working - yay!!!
Just think what a wonder dog you could have at 3 yrs of age if you keep up the work. I agree this is the place to brag because this kind of hard work/fun is appreciated here. I could never understand people that proclaim to love their dogs but don't work them, as it is so much fun and bonding going on while you work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts