Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fraggle and I have been training in Agility for 2 years. Fraggle has a SSGDC (Special Starters Game Dog of Canada) in AAC (gotten by the skin of his teeth lol) but has not been able to get his Starter Standard because he can't weave. We have learned weaves using the channel method. Well, last night Fraggle did 12 poles without the guides correctly 3 times. I am so proud of him. He may not be ready to get his Standard yet, but is definitely a lot closer. Only true agility addicts can attest to how euphoric it is when your dog makes a break through.:D

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
It is a great feeling when they finally grasp the weave poles. I think it is one of the hardest obstacles in Agility. I showed Susie, my Bernese cross in two trials last year and I goofed up both times (not her). I will be going to a trial this Sunday and I have her in Gamblers, Jumpers and Standard. My sister entered her Shih Tzu x Maltese in Jumpers and Standard for the first time. It should be a lot of fun if I can just remember to stay on course. I showed in Specials last year so can move into Veterans this year as she is five years old. She has the Bernese build so I don't want to have to jump her over the 16 inches, that is why I moved into Veterans. Susie loves the weaves even though she is not "border collie" fast, she is usually very accurate. I like the fact the AAC is removing the "S" and "V" from the titles and allows you to move into Veterans if you show one year in Specials and the dog is five years old. Agility is great fun and I really enjoy it. I started Remmy, my Shih Tzu x Maltese in training last year but he won't be 18 months till April when I can start competing with him.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a B/C and she is so spazy that she sometimes has trouble on the weaves, mostly just finding her entry. Fraggle is a Tibetan Terrier mix with lots of drive. His speed in the weaves is moderate but sure. We will work on his entries once he is consistantly weaving without the guides. Did you train with the channel method (guides), lure or the 2x2 method?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts