Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kona just turned 5 months and has had a bit of regression in her night sleep. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 9 weeks old and never had an accident in her kennel. When she was younger she would get up fairly early - between 5:00-6:00 but for the past two months it has moved to a more workable 6:00-7:00. Well the past few days her wake-up has gotten progressively earlier. Yesterday was 5:30 and today was 4:30. Typically when she gets up in the morning she goes out to the bathroom and then falls asleep on the couch with whoever got up with her. Her nighttime kennel is in one of my daughter's room and then she has her daytime kennel in the family room. I am not sure if I should just have her start sleeping in the family room for the night or just try to put her back in the bedroom kennel after she gets up early?

Is this something others have seen with regression. I am sure she is just testing us and wants to have her snuggle time. If I had it my way I would just let her get up in bed with us but she is probably a bit young to trust still and my hubby isn't a fan:)

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
At her age, I would ignore it. It might mean you don't sleep much for an hour or so until you're ready to get up, but I wouldn't let her dictate your wake time. With a little puppy, sure I would take them out, but she should be able to hold it by now (especially if she's been holding it since 9 weeks).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts