Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bubba and Tambi jumped into my spot on the bed when I got up. They were clearly going to sleep in with mom, so I loaded up the sleds and we went for our morning stomp. Usually they get all "woo-woohhhhhhrrrrrraawrawr-ooo" when animals are near the fence line. But today they were calmly walking by not even turning their heads as we passed a bunch of cows 20 feet away. Then we got to the corner of a pasture and these guys (¿mule/donkey?) started huffing at us and leaning over the fence. Sioux was the brave one and walked right up to them. Coco and Ridik weren't too sure at first. Then Sioux, covered in drool, told them it was all good...

I should have gotten many more pictures, but I stupidly spaced the fact that my phone has a camera. Durp.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
LOL That is too cute! Not all animals act the same upon meeting other species. Your dogs were wonderful. My horse the first time she saw a cow freaked out. I was shocked. It just seemed to me that cows and horses would just naturally sort of understand each other. Just be aware that horses/mules etc... can bite. One of my Rottweiler's was picked up and tossed over a 5 foot high fence by a horse one time.
Just something to look for during your interactions. Those mules seemed pretty calm.

Had to add your sleds look so cute in their packs. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts