Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a four year old Cockapoo and she is a great dog, other than some guarding issues at times, all in all she has turned out to be a very loyal and well trained dog and she is one of the family and we love her.

She has issues with itching and chewing herself. I have taken her to the vet a couple of time for this issue and she was put on meds the last time, but nothing seemed to really help, even on the last round of meds, she still itched and chewed at herself. I have seen a different vet each time I have gone and they all say something different. I just feel so bad for her because she just digs and digs at herself and now here stomach is covered in what looks like blisters. These sores come every once in awhile, but not usually this bad, maybe a few or more of them and my wife puts ointment on them and they clear up overtime, but I want to know what is causing it.

We have changed her food a few times over the years and she has always had very good food. We give her dry topped with wet, probably not good by others, but it is what we can do. Presently we are giving here Wellness, I also give her Wellness treats along with some other chew treats I get at my local supplier. However no matter what food we give her, she still chews and itches and gets these sores. I am going to try and get her to the vet today, but just wanted to see if anyone has had these issues or know what might be causing this. I will try to attach pics. Thank you in advance for any help.

IMG_0108.jpg IMG_0109.jpg IMG_0110.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts